Thecomicsnet.com in partnership with La Maestría en Narrativa Gráfica, they have created this workshop exclusively for the city of Guadalajara where a former editor of DC Comics will reveal organizational and creative methods to obtain results in your Graphic narrative projects .
- How to prepare your portfolio for the big leagues
- Common errors in portfolio preparation
- What editors are looking for in DC
- Organization of your creative journey
- Goal organization
- Secrets to keeping the audience interested
- Working methods of professional artists (Grant Morrison: Batman Arkham Asylum, Dan Jurgens: The Death of
- Superman, Joe Kelly: Superman, The Elite, Geoff Johns: Blackest night)
- Visual narrative techniques
- Mastering the art of “Cliff hanger”
- How to get better results from your team.
- Behind Curtain at DC Comics:
- How Grant Morrison got his big break to fame
- What stories were rejected to Mark Millar and because
- Secrets of the Creation of Kyle Rayner (Nineties Green Lantern)
- How it is decided which characters live and who die
- The untold story of Wonder Woman and 9-11
- The Secret of DR. Manhattan
- The Lost Stories of Superman
The workshop will end with a script review and a discussion of opportunities within the American publishing creative industry.
What’s going on with the publishing industry in the U.S.?
Exclusive table for workshop attendees on the last day of the course.
Location: Astronauta forum: ULM, Marsella 129, Col. Lafayette, C. P.:44150, Guadalajara, Jal.
Date: December 10 and 11, 2019
Hours: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.